Witness’ Affidavit Reveals Details of Roswell Cover Up

roswell map

More Proof of Grand Cover-Up of Roswell UFO Crash

When I was a hard news reporter, I never gave much thought to the credence of UFO reports.

At best, I thought a few of the many thousands of eyewitness sightings were actually sightings of secret military aircraft, the result of some yet unknown natural phenomenon, or the work of hoaxers — or the delusions of crackpots.

It was not until I really took the time to look closely into some of the most credible cases and military eyewitness accounts of these events that I began to realize certain variables and disturbing patterns always occurred whenever a rare but extraordinary UFO incident became public.

During the initial stage, the raw truth of the incident often got out to the media quickly — and for the most part accurately. Then, often within a few hours of local officials getting involved, the military rolled in, cordoned off the area, gathered the witnesses, and quickly got out an alternative story, “cover story,” for the event that always contradicted the testimony of the first responders.

Men in Black

The military or civilian intelligence operatives then rounded up or visited these same witnesses and worked to convince them – first nicely — that they did not see what they really did. They sent those who agreed to renounce their initial accounts on their merry way, but for those who did not agree to change their stories there were escalating threats designed to force the witnesses to cave in and embrace the concocted cover story. By this time, the cover story was spreading like wildfire throughout the media —  characterizing the initial story as a mistaken account of a few excitable, bumbling eyewitnesses. This strategy cast enough doubt and confusion on the incident to neutralize the effect a genuine close encounter of the third or fourth kinds would have on the public at large when reported by one or more credible witnesses.

Some claim that authorities even covertly discredit the reputations or do worse to those brave or foolish individuals, depending on how you look upon them, who continue to resist and stick to their original testimonies.

“I would go interview people who claimed they had seen something and try to convince them they hadn’t seen something or that they were hallucinating,” a witness, who claimed to be a member of one such super-secret government recovery team told the Disclosure Project, a nonprofit organization that is fighting for the full disclosure of UFOs through congressional hearings

“Well, if that didn’t work, another team would come in and give all the threats. And threaten them and their family and so on and so forth. And they would be in charge of discrediting them, making them look foolish and so on and so forth. Now if that didn’t work, then there was another team that put an end to that problem, one way or another,” a witness testified on a video interview given to the non-profit.

Tremendous Pressure to Renounce Sightings

Because of this ridicule and fear factors, many sightings and events go unreported, say many of the most credible UFO eyewitnesses ever collected by the Disclosure Project.

Founded by medical doctor Steven Greer in 1993, this unique nonprofit organization has steadfastly collected some of the most compelling, convincing eyewitness accounts of UFOs and extraterrestrial encounters from former U.S. military officers, defense contractors, and scientists.

In fact, on May 9, 2001, Greer had more than 20 military, intelligence, government, corporate and scientific witnesses come forward at the National Press Club in Washington, DC to establish the reality of UFOs, or extraterrestrial vehicles and extraterrestrial life forms. One of the project’s goals is to spark a congressional investigation into the matter, so these former government workers and military personnel can break their silence and tell all they know to Congress and the American people without fear of retribution.

Although, I do not embrace all of the Disclosure Project’s conclusions and beliefs on the reasons behind governments of the world covering up the reality of UFOs and extraterrestrials, I can say that the eyewitness accounts presented at this news conference, which was largely ignored or ridiculed by most in the media, is a must see. Especially, for those who are serious about the subject. A DVD is available from the organization.

One of the many eyewitnesses interviewed by Greer, was Walter Haut, who in July 9, 1947 was a 25-year-old communications information officer at Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, where the granddaddy of all UFO crashes allegedly occurred.

During videotaped testimony, Haut said the base commander ordered him to report that they had captured a flying saucer, only to be forced quickly to contradict the story by saying it was erroneous and what they really recovered was simply a weather balloon with some crash dummies that when awry.

“It was something from outer space, and we decided – I say we – the military decided that our public may not have accepted [it] very graciously,” Haut concluded.

When the crash dummy story was proved to be erroneous, the government came out with a second cover story saying that a top-secret spy balloon was actually what was recovered at Roswell that day.

Bu before he died, Haut painstakingly set the record straight in great detail for all posterity in the following sworn affidavit:

roswell 1

The Late Walter G. Haut a Key Witness to Roswell UFO Crash

by Walter G. Haut

DATE: December 26, 2002

WITNESS: Chris Xxxxxx

NOTARY: Beverlee Morgan

(1) My name is Walter G. Haut

(2) I was born on June 2, 1922

(3) My address is 1405 W. 7th Street, Roswell, NM 88203

(4) I am retired.

(5) In July, 1947, I was stationed at the Roswell Army Air Base in Roswell, New Mexico, serving as the base Public Information Officer. I had spent the 4th of July weekend (Saturday, the 5th, and Sunday, the 6th) at my private residence about 10 miles north of the base, which was located south of town.

(6) I was aware that someone had reported the remains of a downed vehicle by midmorning after my return to duty at the base on Monday, July 7. I was aware that Major Jesse A. Marcel, head of intelligence, was sent by the base commander, Col. William Blanchard, to investigate.

(7) By late in the afternoon that same day, I would learn that additional civilian reports came in regarding a second site just north of Roswell. I would spend the better part of the day attending to my regular duties hearing little if anything more.

(8) On Tuesday morning, July 8, I would attend the regularly scheduled staff meeting at 7:30 a.m. Besides Blanchard, Marcel; CIC [Counterintelligence Corp] Capt. Sheridan Cavitt; Col. James I. Hopkins, the operations officer; Lt. Col. Ulysses S. Nero, the supply officer; and from Carswell AAF in Fort Worth, Texas, Blanchard’s boss, Brig. Gen. Roger Ramey and his chief of staff, Col. Thomas J. Dubose were also in attendance. The main topic of discussion was reported by Marcel and Cavitt regarding an extensive debris field in Lincoln County approx. 75 miles NW of Roswell. A preliminary briefing was provided by Blanchard about the second site approx. 40 miles north of town. Samples of wreckage were passed around the table. It was unlike any material I had or have ever seen in my life. Pieces which resembled metal foil, paper thin yet extremely strong, and pieces with unusual markings along their length were handled from man to man, each voicing their opinion. No one was able to identify the crash debris.

(9) One of the main concerns discussed at the meeting was whether we should go public or not with the discovery. Gen. Ramey proposed a plan, which I believe originated from his bosses at the Pentagon. Attention needed to be diverted from the more important site north of town by acknowledging the other location. Too many civilians were already involved and the press already was informed. I was not completely informed how this would be accomplished.

(10) At approximately 9:30 a.m. Col. Blanchard phoned my office and dictated the press release of having in our possession a flying disc, coming from a ranch northwest of Roswell, and Marcel flying the material to higher headquarters. I was to deliver the news release to radio stations KGFL and KSWS, and newspapers the Daily Record and the Morning Dispatch.

(11) By the time the news release hit the wire services, my office was inundated with phone calls from around the world. Messages stacked up on my desk, and rather than deal with the media concern, Col Blanchard suggested that I go home and “hide out.”

(12) Before leaving the base, Col. Blanchard took me personally to Building 84 [AKA Hangar P-3], a B-29 hangar located on the east side of the tarmac. Upon first approaching the building, I observed that it was under heavy guard both outside and inside. Once inside, I was permitted from a safe distance to first observe the object just recovered north of town. It was approx. 12 to 15 feet in length, not quite as wide, about 6 feet high, and more of an egg shape. Lighting was poor, but its surface did appear metallic. No windows, portholes, wings, tail section, or landing gear were visible.

(13) Also from a distance, I was able to see a couple of bodies under a canvas tarpaulin. Only the heads extended beyond the covering, and I was not able to make out any features. The heads did appear larger than normal and the contour of the canvas suggested the size of a 10 year old child. At a later date in Blanchard’s office, he would extend his arm about 4 feet above the floor to indicate the height.

(14) I was informed of a temporary morgue set up to accommodate the recovered bodies.

(15) I was informed that the wreckage was not “hot” (radioactive).

(16) Upon his return from Fort Worth, Major Marcel described to me taking pieces of the wreckage to Gen. Ramey’s office and after returning from a map room, finding the remains of a weather balloon and radar kite substituted while he was out of the room. Marcel was very upset over this situation. We would not discuss it again.

(17) I would be allowed to make at least one visit to one of the recovery sites during the military cleanup. I would return to the base with some of the wreckage which I would display in my office.

(18) I was aware two separate teams would return to each site months later for periodic searches for any remaining evidence.

(19) I am convinced that what I personally observed was some type of craft and its crew from outer space.

(20) I have not been paid nor given anything of value to make this statement, and it is the truth to the best of my recollection.

Signed: Walter G. Haut

December 26, 2002

Signature witnessed by:

Chris Xxxxxxx

[Source: Tom Carey & Donald Schmitt, Witness to Roswell, 2007]

Categories: Special Reports, UFO Encounters

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: